When attempting to add a target using SNMP, you get the following error on the Choose Interfaces screen:
What does this error mean?
The most often reason for getting this error in inadequate permissions with the SNMP device you're talking to.
Some reasons for this include:
- You enabled SNMP on your Mac using PeakHour Enabler but you didn't enable the "From other computers" checkbox
- You're using an incorrect SNMP community.
How can I fix it?
Some steps you can take to try to fix it:
- If you used the Scan for SNMP devices checkbox, try using the Add SNMP Device... button and add the details manually.
- Make sure you are entering the correct SNMP community / password.
- If you used PeakHour Enabler and didn't check the From other computers checkbox, make sure you are clicking Add SNMP Device... and are specifying 'localhost' as the hostname.
If this doesn't work, run PeakHour Enabler again, enable the From other computers checkbox and try again.