- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
This page steps you through enabling other Macs so that they can be monitored by PeakHour. We've made this process super-easy by creating PeakHour Enabler. This tool, which you can download for free below, will automatically set up your Mac(s) so that they can be monitored by PeakHour.
Here's what you need to do:
1. Get PeakHour Enabler
On the Mac you want to monitor with PeakHour, download the latest version of PeakHour Enabler:
2. Run PeakHour Enabler
- On the Mac you wish to monitor, launch PeakHour Enabler:
- Click Apply & Enable to start and configure SNMP.
- Enter your macOS password when prompted:
- Press Command-Q to Quit Terminal.
- Status should now be Configured & Started.
- What you do now depends on some things:
- If you ran PeakHour Enabler under a user account logged into the same iCloud account as the user running PeakHour, this is all you need to do. Information will be automatically shared with the Mac running PeakHour via iCloud.
- If you ran PeakHour Enabler under a user account not logged into the same iCloud account as PeakHour is running under, click the Information tab and note down the IP address and SNMP community:
- Click Exit.
3. Add the Mac to PeakHour
Switch back to the Mac running PeakHour.
If both your PeakHour Mac and the Mac you wish to monitor are sharing the same iCloud account:
- If you're sharing the same iCloud account, after a few moments you should see a prompt like this:
- Click Yes.
- Choose the interface you wish to monitor:
- Click Finish.
- The Mac will be automatically added as a new Target.
If they're not sharing the same iCloud accout
- In PeakHour, open Preferences.
- Click + to add a new Target.
- Choose Bandwidth.
- Click Add SNMP Device...
- Specify the IP address and SNMP community you noted down in step 6b. above.
- Click Next and Finish.
Table of Contents
|Table of Contents|